Nijmegen, capital of sustainable and innovation procurement for 3 days
From 3-5 October, the European Green Capital City of Nijmegen became the capital of sustainable and innovation procurement by hosting the 10th edition of the EcoProcura Conference, together with ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability.
The three-day conference brought together 400 other procurers, policy makers, businesses, researchers and international organisations in Nijmegen to discuss the latest developments in sustainable, circular and innovation procurement:
• Current best practice in implementation
• European policy developments and international initiatives
• Opportunities for collaboration between procurers in Europe
• Practical tools for implementation (circular procurement, life cycle costing, monitoring, e-Procurement)
• Market dialogue, joint procurement, social issues, professionalization of procurement
The rich programme included a wide range of speakers and experts on the topic who tackled topics such as the evolution of procurement as a tool to achieve strategic objectives, how frontrunners like the Netherlands and the city of Barcelona used procurement strategically to meet their policy aims and objectives, what the real or perceived barriers to procurement are, etc.
For more details on the conference, visit the website.
» Author: LIFE FUTURE newsletter
» Publication Date: 24/10/2018
C/ Gustave Eiffel, 4
(València Parc Tecnològic) - 46980
PATERNA (Valencia) - SPAIN
(+34) 96 136 60 40
Project Management department - Sustainability and Industrial Recovery